(42 verses, 5:50 to read)
What I am about to READ
- The troubles and blessings of the Gospel continue to manifest themselves in the early church.
- 5:1-11, Ananias & Sapphira are killed by the Lord for their lies.
- 5:12-16, Miracles marking the apostolic ministry.
- 5:17-21, Peter in and out of prison.
- 5:22-42, The apostles before the Sanhedrin.
LEARN & MEDITATE
- There are a number of verses in this chapter that are worth highlighting.
- In 5:4 we have one of the proof texts for the personhood and divinity of the Holy Spirit.
- In 5:20 the preaching of Jesus is call “words of life,” or “words of this life.”
- 5:29 gives us the priority of the commandments. We try, whenever possible, to obey the authorities placed over us, but the Lord’s commands come first. We must obey God rather than man.
- In 5:41 we see the joy that follows persecution, the privilege of martyrdom.
Thoughts? Comments? Join the conversation on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
Pr Bryan Wolfmueller