(15 verses, 3:01 to read)
What I am about to READ
- Christian Hospitality and the Office of the Ministry
- The Apostle John’s rejoices over Gaius’ faith in the Gospel (1-4).
- The Good Work of Supporting Men in the Office of the Ministry (5-8).
- The Wicked Word of Diotrephes (9-11).
- Conclusion (12-13).
- There’s a lot going on in these 15 verses, but let me ask some questions for a change.
- What is the “truth” that John is talking about in verse 3 and how does one “walk” in it?
- Who are the visitors that Gaius had supported? Why was their work so important?
- In what way is Diotrephes harmful to the church? In your answer consider John’s “authority” and why that is important.
- “Testimony” comes up again and again in John’s writings. Why does his testimony matter so much?
- Prayer: Heavenly Father, I give thanks to you for the great gift of the truth, that Jesus has come in the flesh and has died for my sins so I might walk in the truth of the Gospel in faith. Teach me to recognize the Christ’s doctrine when it is purely taught so I would be fortified against false teachers who enslave consciences under the devil’s lies. Amen.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor A. Brian Flamme