re-posted from Pr. Flamme (10 verses, 0:35 to read)
What I am about to READ
- “The blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.”
- The Testimony of the Apostles (1-4).
- God is Light and Fellowship through the Blood of Jesus (5-7).
- If we say we have no sin… (8-10).
- Though this epistle does not have a typical introduction that states its author and audience, the witness of the church has told us that these next three epistles were penned by the beloved Apostle John. Notice the similarities of imagery with John’s gospel when John calls to mind Christ’s teaching that he is the light of the world (John 8:12).
- The Apostles are not spreading myths or tall tales. They are speaking from their experience of seeing, hearing, and touching the resurrected Lord (John 20:27).
- The darkness of sin has no fellowship with the light of God in which we walk through the cleansing blood of Jesus. Unless we are cleansed from sin by Jesus, we have no fellowship with God or one another in the Church (John 13:8).
- Prayer: Reveal to me the truth of my sin, heavenly Father, that I may delight in the cleansing blood of Jesus shed for sinners like me. Amen.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor A. Brian Flamme