(8 verses, 0:20 to read)
What I am about to READ
- David cries out to the LORD for deliverance while in exile (possibly when he fled from Absalom).
- Prayer and Confidence (1-4)
- Ground of that Confidence (5-8)
- David is weary and exhausted and far from home. In the midst of his distress he calls out to the LORD who is his rock, his tower, and his refuge from the enemy.
- David looks to the sure Word of prophecy that God had given him (2 Samuel 7) and basis his confidence on God’s Word and promise to him.
- That prophecy and promise in 2 Samuel 7 is that one would rule on David’s throne forever – the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the Rock of your salvation. When your heart is faint, He is your refuge and your strong tower.
Dear Christians, One and All, Rejoice (stanza 7):
To me He said: “Stay close to Me,
I am your rock and castle.
Your ransom I Myself will be;
For you I strive and wrestle.
For I am yours, and you are Mine,
And where I am you may remain;
The foe shall not divide us.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Andrew Packer