Reposted from Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller
(18 verses, 2:20 to read)
What I am about to READ
- Paul continues His defence of his apostleship.
- While this chapter is fairly straight forward, there are a few beautiful lines to note:
- 1: The “meekness” and “gentleness” of Jesus. We don’t normally use these two adjectives for Jesus, but we should.
- 4-5: Paul talks in terms of spiritual warfare regarding his teaching and preaching. The knowledge of the Scriptures do not simply inform us, it tears down the devil’s kingdom.
- 17: Paul quotes Jeremiah 9:24, the one who glories glories in the Lord. Christians do boast, but not in ourselves. We boast in the kindness of Jesus.
- Paul’s authority to preach was always questions by his opponents. If they could undermine people’s trust in Paul, they would undermine their faith in Paul’s preaching, the Gospel. So Paul’s authority is reestablished here, but not through strength. Paul is an apostle in great meekness.
- How is it that we boast in the Lord? How ought we boast in the Lord?
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller