Reposted from Pr. Wolfmueller:
(18 verses, 1:56 to read)
What I am about to READ
- This Psalm is a prayer for help when the wicked are troubling the Lord’s people
- 1-2: prayer
- 3-11: sermon describing the wicked
- 12-18: a prayer of thanksgiving for the overthrow of the wicked
- Of all of the wicked things the wicked man does, the worst is in 10:11, he says that “God has forgotten.”
- A profound image of the wicked man is given to us here: a lion crouching in his den (10:9)
The inward thoughts of the wicked man are written down for us: 10:4, 6, 11, 13.
- Compare 10:1 with 10:11. God’s hiddeness is the Christians’ sorrow, but the wicked man’s delight!
- Consider 10:16, this is a promise for you!
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Bryan Wolfmeuller