(16 verses, 2:06 to read)
What I am about to READ
- Paul’s exposition of the mind of Christ.
- Here is an outline:
- 1-5, Paul came to the Corinthians preaching nothing but Christ crucified.
- 6-16, God’s wisdom cannot be attained by our flesh, but must be revealed through the Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 2:14 is one of the most important proof text for the sinfulness of man. Whenever the old Lutherans would argue that we cannot receive Christ or make a decision for Him, this is the verse they go to.
- While our flesh cannot grasp the truths of the Spirit, and especially the truth of the death of Jesus, we have the mind of Christ, that is: we know the cross and the benefits of the cross! This is expounded beautifully in this chapter. The wonderful knowledge of the grace of God and eternal life through the death of Jesus that our mind cannot reach comes down to us in the Scriptures.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller