(8 verses, 0:35 to read)
What I am about to READ
- The LORD is our Guardian and He is always there to help – He never sleeps.
- Looking for Help (1-2)
- The LORD is our Guardian (3-8)
- This psalm is a simple expression of trust in the LORD as our Guardian.
- In verses 1-2 the believer speaks and in verses 3-8 the believer is addressed.
- “The hills” that the believer is looking to is Mount Zion – the place of the LORD’s presence. For the believer today our eyes of faith continue look to where He has promised that His gracious presence would be found – His Word and Sacraments.
- The LORD is our help, our keeper, our guardian. Not just today, but each day, and forevermore.
- He doesn’t take breaks. He isn’t inattentive. He does not grow bored. He never sleeps, but always watches over you no matter what you are going through. He is your Guardian and He will not fail, but will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Andrew Packer