(15 verses, 2:45 to read)
What I am about to READ
Asa drives out idolatry and leads in military victories.
MARK and LEARN
- Asa was a good and pious king. “Asa did what was good and right in the eyes of theLord his God.” (v.2)
- The first thing Asa did as king was to remove idol worship from the land of Israel.
- At the same time he commanded the people to worship the only true God, Yahweh, and follow His law.
- Asa’s reforms resulted in rest (peace) during most of his reign.
- Asa had the opportunity to restore Judah’s defenses.
- Asa called upon the Lord to defend His people from the massive army of Zerah the Cushite/Ethiopian.
- The Lord heard His pleas and granted His people the victory.
“Asa did what was good and right in the eyes of the Lord his God.” Those who trust in the Lord will not be put to shame, for His blessing and protection are always near to them. We pray that the Lord would keep us steadfast on the narrow path; that we too may do what is good and right in the eyes of the Lord our God.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
Pastor Kevin Zellers, Jr.