Reposted from Pr. Flamme
What I am about to READ
- Paul describes and preaches the comfort of the Gospel.
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit (1-11).
- Children of God and heirs of salvation through Christ (12-17).
- The groaning of both saints and creation for the redemption of our bodies in the resurrection (18-25).
- The intercessions of the Spirit on our behalf and the future glorification of the justified (26-30).
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (27-39).
- So great is our justification, that no one can bring any charges against the elect. Christ is too great a Savior to let anything in creation separate us from God’s love.
- To live according to the Spirit, according to St. Paul, is to live a life of daily contrition and repentance in our baptism.
- Yes we have been saved from sin. But at the end of our lives awaits an open grave. Death does not throw us into despair, however. We know that by his own resurrection, Christ has redeemed the bodies of those who have his Spirit within them, as St. Paul describes. With patience, hope, and faith we anticipate the fulfillment of this promise, knowing that through our baptism God has granted us the Holy Spirit to dwell in our hearts.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor A. Brian Flamme