(21 verses, 3:29 to read)
What I am about to READ
- Paul continues His epistle extolling the gift of justification and the fruits of justification.
- 5:1-2: justification brings peace with God!
- 5:3-5: justification frees us to suffer.
- 5:6-8: Christ died for us while we were sinners, His enemies.
- 5:9-21: Parallels: Jesus sacrifice forgives sins. Jesus death gives life. One man’s offence (Adam) brought death. One Man’s obedience (Jesus) brings life.
LEARN & MEDITATE
- This chapter is full of teaching and comfort. Consider, first, how peace comes with justification (5:1-2).
- Pay close attention to the things that connect tribulation to hope in 5:3-5.
- 5:6 and 5:8 describe our condition when Jesus died for us. Paul leave no room from something in us motivating His gracious sacrifice.
- 5:14 helps us read the genealogies of the Old Testament: death reigned.
- 5:21 is a beautiful picture: grace reigns!
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller