(66 verses, 8:22 to read)
What I am about to READ
- The Gospel of Matthew culminates here with Jesus’ Roman trial, His crucifixion, and burial.
- The Gospels, put together, give us seven last words of Jesus. Matthew, though, only gives us one of these words (27:46), “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?”
- Notice that Jesus is on the cross for six hours (9a-3p), and there is darkness for the last three hours (noon-3p).
- The Romans did not allow the Jews to execute criminals. In order to have Jesus killed, the Jews had to hand Jesus over to Pilate.
- Remember that Jesus’ suffering is three-fold: 1. physical, 2. emotional, and 3. spiritual (the abandonment of the Father).
- This text, the very beating heart of the Scriptures and of our faith, is our constant meditation.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller