(Originally Posted by Pastor Flamme on October 31, 2014)
(7 verses, 0:27 to read)
What I am about to READ
- A Prayer of Thanks for the Gospel
- Petition for Salvation (1-3)
- Confession of Faith in God’s help (4-5)
- Thanksgiving and Praise for Deliverance (6-7)
- What I love about this psalm is that it’s perfect for the baptized to pray. We are saved by the name of God. The divine name of the Holy Trinity was placed upon you with water according to Christ’s command. You belong to God. Nothing can snatch you out of his hand.
- The confession of faith in verses 4 and 5 teach that the Lord saves us by upholding our lives. Though our enemies seek to take the lives of our brothers in the faith, we know that resurrection awaits the Lord’s martyrs.
- When you look with triumph upon your enemies, you see them from the perspective of the Gospel, the promises of God in Christ Jesus our Savior. By any other measurement, the enemies of the church seem to have certain victory on their side. But we know that victory rests with the Lord’s saints. The Lord has spoken. His Word cannot be broken.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor A. Brian Flamme