Originally written and posted by Pastor Flamme
(12 verses, 0:58 to read)
What I am about to READ
- The steadfast love of the Lord extends to the heavens!
- David describes the ways of the wicked ones who do not fear God (1-4).
- Prayer of praise to the Lord for his love, faithfulness, righteousness, and judgments (5-9).
- Prayer for the continuance of the Lord’s love and protection from the wicked and evildoers (10-12).
- Notice how David describes the idolatry of the “self” among the wicked in verse two. This breaking of the first commandment keeps the wicked person from realizing the depths of his sin.
- The Lord’s love, faithfulness, righteousness, and judgments are indeed vast. There is no place we can go where the Lord’s mercy does not extend.
- The “fountain of life” reminds me of Jesus’ living water that he offers to the Samaritan woman in John chapter four.
- The Word of God is the “fountain of life” that comes from Jesus’ own mouth and the mouth of his servants. Where his Word is preached and believed, there God’s love is present and saving from sin and death.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailybiblemeditation/
-Pastor A. Brian Flamme