(12 verses, 1:10 to read)
What I am about to READ
- A Psalm of David, this sheds light on Christ’s passion and gives hope to all those pursued by enemies.
- 1: We, His dear children, pray to our Heavenly Father in expectation that He hears our prayers and answers them. God is faithful!
- 2: God must save. No one is righteous in His presence.
- 8: The steadfast love of the Lord is known best on Easter morning. We trust that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father we too will walk in new life.
- 12: The steadfast love of the Lord cuts off all enemies and destroys all adversaries of the faith. This is true in the second advent of Christ.
- True of Christ and His suffering, true of the Christian in His daily life: this Psalm helps us understand Jesus’ Passion, and it teaches us to hope and wait for His return. All for which it asks, namely mercy, and all that it promises, namely deliverance from our enemies, we have now in the forgiveness of sins and the promise of the resurrection. But, in the end, God will destroy all evil. We rejoice at both.
- We pray:
Heavenly Father, Your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord, suffered at the hands of His creation. Conform us to the image of Christ, that, as we are pursued by enemies, we keep the faith until our death or Christ’s return. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Post below, or join the conversation in our Facebook group.
– Pastor Tyler Holt